- View (and save) CD-keys or serial numbers of many software products. This program allows to change some of Win98 features. R-Updater 1.1.
- 10 Software to Recover Product Key Licenses from Computer. It scans the registry area on local and remote computers located at the same network for available serial numbers for Windows, Office and third party applications. The program is very small in size at only 200KB in size and even comes with additional tools to decrypt Adobe.
- Windows Product Key Viewer. For a quick and portable little program that works in 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8, try Windows Product Key Viewer from RJL Software. It works from a USB key and is only 509 KB. It is free but it does put up a little flash screen for a second or two when you close the application.
Serial Key Games
How do I get the Product and Serial Number of ASUS EeePC netbook on Windows (XP preferably)?
Edit: I am not a label reader and I am interested to retrieve the two numbers by software or tool.wonea
How to Find Windows 7 Serial Key? Launch the KeyFinder Plus program. Click the Start Recovery button, it will bring up a drop-down menu that provides three recovery mode: From current system, From non-booting system and From remote computer.
I can see two ways to do this:
Type 'msinfo32' on your 'Run'(Windows Button+R). Search for 'System Model' or 'System Serial'. Certainly you will find the information that you need here.
SIW(System Information for Windows):
SIW is an advanced System Information for Windows tool that analyzes your computer and gathers detailed information about system properties and settings and displays it in an extremely comprehensible manner.
Or even a 3th option:
- If you until don't find what you are looking for, you would try looking over windows registry(Windows Key+R / 'regedit'), go to
HKLMHARDWAREDESCRIPTIONSYSTEM. There is a lot of information about your system an about your BIOS here.
You can also do this from the command line by typing
wmic bios get serialnumber
This will give you the laptop or desktop computer serial number.
wmic csproduct get name will give you the computer model.
I can confirm these both still work in Windows 7.
Documented here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/558124Jason Aller
From the site:
Overturn your EeePC. There will be a sticker with with the Serial Number (SN:). That is your serial number. But if like mine, with time, the Serial Number on my EeePC has disappeared, then what ?!
Instead of my Serial Number, the sticker has become blank ! Shame on you Asus for using disappearing ink for the serial number.
If you still have your EeePC package box, then the Serial Number (SN:) is printed on the box. If you don't have the EeePC packing box then you can check the Invoice of your EeePC. The EeePC serial number will be mentioned in your Invoice.
There is one last way you can find out your Computers manufacturing serial number.
This will only work if you have your original battery. Remove your battery. Under the battery you will find a sticker (hopefully as it is hidden inside, the number would not have disappeared with wear and tear).MaQleodMaQleod
If for some reason the sticker is not there, you can use software tools to recover the product key and get the model of your system. Belarc Advisor is one such tool.KeltariKeltari
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged windowslicense or ask your own question.
Almost all applications and programs rely on a CD or product key for use. The CD key is a string of letters and numbers that authorizes the use of a specific application. During installation, an application often asks and prompts you for the key before proceeding with the install. To make it easy, manufacturers typically include the CD key on a sticker for reference. If you lost the sticker or piece of paper with your CD key, browse the contents and folders of your CD to find the key.
Insert the CD into the optical drive of your computer.
Click your desktop's “Start” menu in the lower-left corner of the screen.
Right-click the CD drive under the list of available drives and click “Open.” The contents of the CD are displayed.
Browse the folders and files of the CD for the license or product key. Each application stores the product key in a different location. Consult the user manual of the specific application or operating system you are trying to access for the exact location of the product key. Some licenses and product keys may be displayed in the root folder under a .lic file extension.
Video of the Day
- cd-r image by matteo NATALE from Fotolia.com